I am addicted to sweets -oh bad bad 21th century! What have you done to me? These are my tricks to avoid cravings. I minded them the last days and it worked out pretty well!
1. In the first place, simply don’t by any! Do your grocery shopping with a list and when you are a bit in hurry, so that you don’t stroll slowly along the shelves and get attracked by colourful packagings which cause a spontaneous craving.
2. Shit. It happened. The ‘Jelly Babies’ or the ‘Cadbury Bubble Mint Chocolate’ or whatever made its way in your basket and through the checkout counter. Don’t open the package on the bus journey home! It would be half empty before you reach your bus stop!
3. You brought the treasures home. What now? Don’t store your sweets in your bureau (for students: don’t store your sweets in your room). They would be too easy to access and you would snack permatently. Put them in the kitchen.
4. Sweets don’t make you full. Drink a cup of tea, eat an apple or other fruits when you are hungry. Or distract yourself. Take a walk outside, watch a film. Enjoy your sweets after a decent meal.
5. Don’t ban sweets for too long from your nourishment, this could end up in a hunger attack. I my eyes, one or two pieces of chocolate in the evening are totally acceptable.